Could you help Pilgrims' Friend Society support more older people by becoming a charity trustee?
We're looking for people to join our team of trustees as we grow our work to offer more older people fufilled living in later life through our residnetial care homes and independent living housing schemes.
Trustees are an essential part of supporting Pilgrims' Friend Society in our work as they provide vision and strategic oversight of the charity's work.
Our trustees work with the Executive Team of Directors to turn our calling into plans of action that help the charity to achieve its objects, which can be summed up as “advancing the Christian Faith amongst older people”.
We need our trustees to:
- Develop and guard the charity’s Christian distinctiveness – although we want to learn from the best work and approaches to care, we want the design of our work to start with biblical truth.
- Provide the charity with strategic direction in the face of a challenging and changing environment.
- Oversee the delivery of the work by the Executive Team.
- Ensure compliance with the Charity Commission’s requirements (as expressed in their “Governance Code” which is at the heart of our governance processes).
- Provide insight and direction in areas where the charity needs specific expertise and insights, notably: finance, legal, marketing and communications, and digital/IT change management.
Our trustees must be able to affirm and uphold our Christian ethos.